Thursday, April 09, 2009

Stitch-It-Yourself Shoes

I have had my eye on the Simple Men's Stitch-It Moccasinfor quite some time but could not bring myself to spend $60 on them. So the other day I while I was looking for some soft soled shoes for my youngest son, I noticed that they were sale for just under $15 and I ordered up a couple pair in different colors.

When they arrived on my door step the yesterday I immediately set to putting the together. It was a bit of a tedious task stitching them together and my only complaint is that the amount of string they give you just doesn't cut it. Fortunately I ordered two pair and used one set of strings from the other pair to finish the first pair. I called the shoes manufacturer to request more string or inquire where I might buy some. They were very understanding and asked how much more I needed and said they would get it out in the mail today. How is that that for great customer service? No run around or anything like that.

Anyway, it took me several hours to stitch them together and my pinkie fingers are a bit chewed up and bandaged from using them to pull the stitches nice and tight, but all in all it was a fun project putting these shoes together. It is not every day that you get to participate in putting your own shoes together. Here is my sand colored pair yet to be assembled with my finished pair.
Oh and did I mention that these shoes are extremely comfortable and come with a nice squishy insole. So, if you are into the do-it-yourself type of thing and are looking for a nice comfortable moccasin and you are not bothered walking around in shoes your wife calls "Peasant Shoes," you might want to check these out.

0 comments: