Wednesday, April 01, 2009

How To Make A Self Watering Container

Here is a great video on how to make a self watering container from Homegrown Evolution. I have been on the lookout to try and find and liberate some food-grade buckets from local reasturants so I can do this project but have had no luck so far.


If you are looking for some ideas you can check out these two PDFs:
I made a version of one of these out of storage tubs last year and attempted to grow some cucumbers out of it. It worked great and the plants grew like crazy and took over my back porch,  but both my cucumbers and zucchini got hit with powdery mildew and before I could get it under control it all just got out of hand and I had to give up on the plants. My plan is to grow my zucchini out of it this year so I will post up some pictures when it is rolling.

0 comments: