Monday, March 23, 2009

Wild Thing Guinea Pig Treat

I was walking to pick up my son from Kindergarten today and noticed that in the bushes on the side of the road that there was an abunance of dandelions which made me think that they would make great Guinea Pig food. Dandelions seem to be all the rage these days for humans that are into the wild thing. I have even seen them being sold in the grocery store produce section.

I got the thumbs up from my wife to make sure they are ok for our little furry friends and my son and I were off to picking free greens on the side of the road as we walked home. Once home, I gave them a good rinse under the tap to make sure any gross stuff was washed off and then dumped them into the pig pin.

It is nice to know that if I want to give a treat to the pigs every now and again, I don't have to go any further than my front door. I am not sure I am ready to do some wild harvesting for personal consumption, but hey, you never know in a pinch.

0 comments: