Thursday, March 26, 2009

PARTNERS IN GRIME

So I got the balcony cleaned up with a little help form my youngest son. It was quite a mess and we both had fun getting dirty. I opened up a nice space where I plan to put a few boxes of leafy greens under which I will stash my worm box so it stays cool and shaded.


Speaking of worms, I checked in on them to see how they were doing and to make sure I didn't just totally bungle the whole project and kill them off, but they were wiggling around in there so I assume things are alright. Although, I am not sure if they have made it to the food so I introduced a few of them to the food pile and then covered them back up with some moist shredded news paper.


I also set up my EarthBox today with a row of Stinking Creek beans and a row of Purple Queen Beans. This was my first time setting up an EarthBox and the instructions were fairly clear and easy to follow but I did struggle a bit with the cover and making the holes for the plants to go in. As you can see, I butchered it pretty bad, but I have confidence that it will still serve its purpose. The instructions said 16 bush bean plants could be planted but for some reason that seems like quite a lot. I planted only 12 as that was all the seedlings that I had.
That's all for now.

0 comments: